Many women who see Dr. Steven Camp for breast augmentation with implants in Fort Worth have thought about having the surgery for a long time—even years. Dr. Camp understands this is a big decision—and a highly personal one. He also knows the importance of selecting an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in cosmetic breast surgery to produce the desired results.
To meet with breast augmentation surgeon Dr. Steven Camp in Fort Worth, Texas, and talk about your options for breast implants, use the online form to request a consultation or call our office at (817) 228-4315 to schedule an appointment.
A Customized Procedure
Dr. Camp spends as long as it takes during your consultation to explain the options available for your breast augmentation procedure. He helps you feel at ease and encourages a collaborative approach, listening closely to your cosmetic goals and helping you understand the benefits of the different breast implant options and surgical techniques used in breast enhancement surgery.
You have more choices than ever when it comes to selecting breast implants, which enable Dr. Camp to customize the procedure to best suit your body and aesthetic goals. Breast implant options include:
- Size: Even though most patients come to their consultations with an idea about the implant size they want, it’s important to be flexible in your choice. That’s because the same sized implant can produce very different results for different women. Dr. Camp uses his experience to help you select the size that will look the best for your body.
- Shape: Breast implants are either round or shaped to resemble the slope of natural breasts, with more volume at the bottom of the implant. Round implants tend to produce more fullness in the upper portion of the breasts.
- Material: Implants are filled with either saline or cohesive silicone gel. Cohesive silicone gel implants, including “gummy bear” implants, are quite popular because most patients believe they feel and look more like natural breasts. Both types have unique benefits that Dr. Camp explains during the consultation.
- Texture: Breast implants are available with smooth or textured outer shells. In most cases, Dr. Camp uses smooth, round implants. Out of an abundance of caution, Dr. Camp limits the use of textured implants to rare cases where the patient’s unique physiology mandates a shaped (anatomical) implant that must be textured.*
- Profile: This choice involves how far the implants project from the chest. Low, moderate, moderate plus, and high profile implants are typically available. Dr. Camp helps patients understand which profile is best for their body type and cosmetic goals. As this graphic demonstrates, an implant’s profile (sometimes called projection) refers to how your results appear from the side. The choice is related to, but different, than the implant size.
*Certain textured breast implants have been associated with a rare but highly treatable type of lymphoma called breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL). None of the implants we offer today are manufactured using either of the two major processes implicated in the ALCL studies (textured with Biocell salt loss and polyurethane coated). For more information, review this FAQ from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
OrangeTwist & The Browtini Bar
Dr. Steven Camp is proud to be the co-owner and medical director of Camp Plastic Surgery’s OrangeTwist Med Spa location and the Browtini Bar in Fort Worth. Discover your new go-to spots for nonsurgical aesthetics, from fat reduction and wrinkle treatments to eyebrow sculpting and premium skincare.
VECTRA® 3D Imaging
Using the VECTRA® 3D imaging system, Dr. Camp helps patients envision their potential results with different implant options. Patients find this an extremely useful tool when choosing implants. Your VECTRA 3D session begins with our team taking your photo, so we can provide the VECTRA system with a starting point for the simulation.
VECTRA uses specially designed software that enables Dr. Camp to show you the possible results of your breast augmentation surgery. You can preview different looks, so you can choose the one that best suits your goals. Your choice will help Dr. Camp create a customized surgical plan. It’s important to remember that the VECTRA system is a simulation and doesn’t show the exact results of surgery.
Some women who choose Dr. Camp to perform breast augmentation also express interest in cosmetic nose surgery, called rhinoplasty. It’s safe to combine both procedures in a single operation, which also provides some significant benefits for the patient. Those benefits include:
- Being placed under a general anesthetic only once
- Saving the cost of certain fees that are charged for each operation
- Enjoying the convenience of only one recovery, including scheduling time off from work
Dr. Camp can discuss the possibility of combining rhinoplasty with breast augmentation during your initial consultation.
Dr. Camp’s extensive training in aesthetic breast surgery helped him become among the most skilled plastic surgeons in the Southwest. He offers various incision choices to breast augmentation patients because breast surgery is not a one-size-fits-all procedure. The different incisions include:
- Inframammary: A small incision made at the base of the breast just above where it connects to the chest (the inframammary fold) provides Dr. Camp access to create an implant pocket. He then inserts the implant through the incision, which is easily hidden even by small bikini tops.
- Periareolar: Dr. Camp makes an incision along the lower edge of the areola, the darkened skin surrounding the nipple. The incision blends with the areola and is almost imperceptible. Women planning to breastfeed children at some point often avoid this incision to limit the risk to injuring the ducts that carry breast milk.
- Transaxillary: This approach is preferred by women who want to avoid incisions on the breasts, but it doesn’t provide direct visual access to the implant pocket. Dr. Camp uses a long, tiny camera instrument — called an endoscope — when inserting the implant.
Dr. Camp uses the Keller Funnel® in all breast augmentation procedures to optimize the results. Implants inserted using the Keller Funnel avoid virtually all contact with the skin, limiting the risk of infection. Infection is associated with higher rates of a complication called capsular contracture.
I’m 6 days post op from my breast augmentation and I couldn’t be happier with Doctor Camp’s work! I consulted with a few surgeons prior to meeting Dr. Camp, and I knew by the end of my consultation that he was the right choice for me. Everyone on his staff is so warm and friendly; I immediately felt at ease from the moment I walked into the office.
acarter0224, RealSelf review
Apply online and find out if you’re approved instantly. Don’t wait to schedule your procedure with confidence.Apply Today
Dr. Camp provides detailed postoperative instructions to help limit any discomfort and enhance the healing process. It’s recommended that you have your prescriptions already filled, and you’ll need someone to drive you home following the outpatient procedure. Most patients can return to work within 3 to 5 days after surgery, depending on the nature of their jobs. Expect swelling, bruising, and soreness to peak during those first few days and feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns.Back to Top