Many women from Mansfield, Abilene, and beyond who see Dr. Steven Camp for breast augmentation with implants in Fort Worth have thought about having the surgery for a long time—even years. Dr. Camp understands this is a big decision—and a highly personal one. He also knows the importance of selecting an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in cosmetic breast surgery to produce the desired results.
Before & After Photos
This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.OK
Before & After Photos
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
24 Year Old Hispanic Patient Looking to Enhance her Femininity
39 year-old breast augmentation patient with 375cc Mentor silicone gel smooth round breast implants
Mommy Makeover Case #306
Allergan 365cc Breast Implants
35 Year Old Hispanic Female with Allergan Breast Implants and a Beautiful Result
Allergan 525cc Highly Cohesive Implants
Allergan 275cc Implants are a Beautiful Choice
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
How Is Breast Augmentation Performed?
Dr. Camp spends as long as it takes during your consultation to explain the options available for your breast augmentation procedure. He helps you feel at ease and encourages a collaborative approach, listening closely to your cosmetic goals and helping you understand the benefits of the different breast implant options and surgical techniques used in breast enhancement surgery.
Dr. Camp uses his 14-Point Plan for all of his breast surgeries. The 14-Point Plan reduces the risk of capsular contraction, reduces the risk of infection by reducing the amount of bacteria being introduced to the implant, and reduces the risk of re-operation.
What’s in the 14-Point Plan?
- IV antibiotics at the time of anesthetic induction.
- Avoid periareolar (around the nipple) and transaxillary (armpit) incisions. These have been shown in both laboratory and clinical studies to lead to higher rates of capsular contracture.
- Use nipple shields to prevent spillage of bacteria into the pocket.
- Perform careful atraumatic dissection to minimize devascularized tissue.
- Perform careful hemostasis.
- Avoid dissection into the breast parenchyma (in other words, don’t disturb the natural breast anatomy).
- Use of a dual-plane pocket has anatomic advantages (allows for good nipple position and feminine curves while still providing good muscle coverage and less rippling).
- Perform pocket irrigation with correct proven triple antibiotic solution or 50% (1:1 dilution) or stronger betadine.
- Use steps to minimize skin contamination with a Keller funnel. In other words, don’t just shove the implant in. I see surgeons all over Instagram skipping this step and I cringe!
- Minimize implant open time and replacement of implants.
- Change surgical gloves prior to handling implants. Use new or cleansed instruments and drapes.
- Avoid drainage tubes which are a site for bacteria.
- Use a layered closure.
- Use antibiotic prophylaxis to cover subsequent procedures that breach skin or mucosa.
What Are My Breast Implant Options?
You have more choices than ever when it comes to selecting breast implants, which enable Dr. Camp to customize the procedure to best suit your body and aesthetic goals. Breast implant options include:
- Implant Size: Even though most patients come to their consultations with an idea about the implant size they want, it’s important to be flexible in your choice. That’s because the same sized implant can produce very different results for different women. Dr. Camp uses his experience to help you select the size that will look the best for your body.
- Implant Shape: Breast implants are either round or shaped to resemble the slope of natural breasts, with more volume at the bottom of the implant. Round implants tend to produce more fullness in the upper portion of the breasts.
- Implant Material: Implants are filled with either saline or cohesive silicone gel. Cohesive silicone gel implants, including “gummy bear” implants, are quite popular because most patients believe they feel and look more like natural breasts. Both types have unique benefits that Dr. Camp explains during the consultation.
- Implant Texture: Breast implants are available with smooth or textured outer shells. In most cases, Dr. Camp uses smooth, round implants. Out of an abundance of caution, Dr. Camp limits the use of textured implants to rare cases where the patient’s unique physiology mandates a shaped (anatomical) implant that must be textured.*
- Implant Profile: This choice involves how far the implants project from the chest. Low, moderate, moderate plus, and high profile implants are typically available. Dr. Camp helps patients understand which profile is best for their body type and cosmetic goals. As this graphic demonstrates, an implant’s profile (sometimes called projection) refers to how your results appear from the side. The choice is related to, but different, than the implant size.
*Certain textured breast implants have been associated with a rare but highly treatable type of lymphoma called breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL). None of the implants we offer today are manufactured using either of the two major processes implicated in the ALCL studies (textured with Biocell salt loss and polyurethane coated). For more information, review this FAQ from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
VECTRA® 3D Imaging
Using the VECTRA® 3D imaging system, Dr. Camp helps patients envision their potential results with different implant options. Patients find this an extremely useful tool when choosing implants. Your VECTRA 3D session begins with our team taking your photo, so we can provide the VECTRA system with a starting point for the simulation.
VECTRA uses specially designed software that enables Dr. Camp to show you the possible results of your breast augmentation surgery. You can preview different looks, so you can choose the one that best suits your goals. Your choice will help Dr. Camp create a customized surgical plan. It’s important to remember that the VECTRA system is a simulation and doesn’t show the exact results of surgery.
Can I Combine Breast Augmentation With Other Procedures?
Some women who choose Dr. Camp to perform breast augmentation also express interest in a tummy tuck, liposuction, mommy makeover, or cosmetic nose surgery (rhinoplasty). It’s often safe to combine two or more procedures in a single operation, which also provides some significant benefits for the patient. Those benefits include:
- Being placed under a general anesthetic only once
- Saving the cost of certain fees that are charged for each operation
- Enjoying the convenience of only one recovery, including scheduling time off from work
Dr. Camp can discuss the possibility of combining rhinoplasty, tummy tuck, liposuction, or mommy makeover with breast augmentation during your initial consultation.
Which Incision Is Best for Breast Augmentation?
Dr. Camp’s extensive training in aesthetic breast surgery helped him become among the most skilled plastic surgeons in the Southwest. Dr. Camp performs breast augmentations using an inframammary incision, a small incision made at the base of the breast just above where it connects to the chest (the inframammary fold) for the sake of patient safety. (See Dr. Camp’s 14-Point Plan for Breast Surgeries above for more info on why he prefers this type of incision.) This provides Dr. Camp access to create an implant pocket. He then inserts the implant through the incision, which is easily hidden even by small bikini tops.
Dr. Camp uses the Keller Funnel® in all breast augmentation procedures to optimize the results. Implants inserted using the Keller Funnel avoid virtually all contact with the skin, limiting the risk of infection. Infection is associated with higher rates of a complication called capsular contracture.
I’m 6 days post op from my breast augmentation and I couldn’t be happier with Doctor Camp’s work! I consulted with a few surgeons prior to meeting Dr. Camp, and I knew by the end of my consultation that he was the right choice for me. Everyone on his staff is so warm and friendly; I immediately felt at ease from the moment I walked into the office.
acarter0224, RealSelf review
How Long Is Breast Augmentation Recovery?
Most patients can return to work within 3 to 5 days after surgery, depending on the nature of their jobs. Dr. Camp provides detailed postoperative instructions to help limit any discomfort and enhance the healing process. It’s recommended that you have your prescriptions already filled, and you’ll need someone to drive you home following the outpatient procedure. Expect swelling, bruising, and soreness to peak during those first few days and feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost?
Your breast augmentation cost at our Fort Worth practice will depend on a variety of factors, including the type of implants you choose and the complexity of your case. We list the general starting prices for breast enhancement procedures below for your information, but our staff will provide you with a written quote that details the cost of your surgery. Our price is all-inclusive and includes the implants you choose, facility and anesthesia team fees, and pre- and post-op visits with Dr. Camp.
Breast Procedure Pricing
|Breast Augmentation||starting at $7,500|
|Breast Augmentation with Lift (Mastopexy)||starting at $13,000|
|Breast Augmentation with Lift (Mastopexy) + Galaflex||starting at $15,600|
|Breast Implant Exchange||starting at $9,800|
|Breast Implant Exchange with Breast Lift||starting at $16,200|
|Breast Implant Exchange with Galaflex||starting at $12,300|
|Breast Lift||starting at $10,500|
|Breast Lift (Mastopexy) with Galaflex||starting at $13,000|
|Breast Reduction||starting at $12,700|
|Breast Reduction with Galaflex||starting at $15,200|
|Breast Implant Removal||starting at $8,000|
|Breast Implant Removal with Lift||starting at $14,300|
|Breast Implant Removal with Lift + Galaflex||starting at $16,800|
Apply online and find out if you’re approved instantly. Don’t wait to schedule your procedure with confidence.Apply Today
To talk about your best options for breast implants with breast augmentation surgeon Dr. Steven Camp in Fort Worth, Texas, use the online form to request a consultation or call our office at (817) 228-4315 to schedule an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to replace breast implants after 10 years?
This is an outdated “rule of thumb” that is often repeated on the internet. There is no reason to replace or remove breast implants if you’re happy with the way your breasts look and there are no complications. Some women have implants for 15 to 20 years. It is important to schedule regular MRIs to ensure your silicone gel implants are intact.
Can I breastfeed after breast augmentation surgery?
Getting breast implants rarely interferes with a woman’s ability to breastfeed her infant. It is important to discuss your plans about raising a family with your plastic surgeon because it typically influences the choice of incision location. A periareolar incision—made on the lower edge of the areola—can potentially disrupt the milk ducts, so it should be avoided.
How can I find the best breast augmentation surgeon in Fort Worth?
You should begin your search for a plastic surgeon by finding surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). Read patient reviews posted on sites such as RealSelf and Facebook to see what previous breast augmentation patients have said, and look at the surgeon’s breast augmentation before and after pictures. Ultimately, you should feel comfortable with the surgeon and the plastic surgery practice.
A Reputation Built on Results
You deserve the highest caliber of service, care, and results, and at Steven Camp MD Plastic Surgery, we're committed to providing all that and more. But don't take our word for it—see for yourself what our actual patients have to say about their experiences with us.Read More Patient Reviews