Many women from Mansfield, Abilene, and beyond who see Dr. Steven Camp for breast augmentation with implants in Fort Worth have thought about having the surgery for a long time—even years. Dr. Camp understands this is a big decision—and a highly personal one. He also knows the importance of selecting an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in cosmetic breast surgery to produce the desired results.
Before & After Photos
This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.OK
Before & After Photos
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Slightly Different Sized Silicone Gel Breast Implants Lead to a Beautiful Result
Low Profile Implants were the Perfect Amount of Lift for this Mom
Breast Augmentation with Dr. Camp Provides a Beautiful Result
39 year-old breast augmentation patient with 375cc Mentor silicone gel smooth round breast implants
Young Professional Happy to Have a Quick Recovery after Breast Augmentation
Mother of 2 Finds Fullness with Sientra Breast Implants
Sientra 330cc High Profile Silicone Gel Breast Implants with 24 Hour Recovery from Breast Augmenation
A Beautiful Result for a Beautiful Patient
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
How Is Breast Augmentation Performed?
Dr. Camp spends as long as it takes during your consultation to explain the options available for your breast augmentation procedure. He helps you feel at ease and encourages a collaborative approach, listening closely to your cosmetic goals and helping you understand the benefits of the different breast implant options and surgical techniques used in breast enhancement surgery.
What Are My Breast Implant Options?
You have more choices than ever when it comes to selecting breast implants, which enable Dr. Camp to customize the procedure to best suit your body and aesthetic goals. Breast implant options include:
- Implant Size: Even though most patients come to their consultations with an idea about the implant size they want, it’s important to be flexible in your choice. That’s because the same sized implant can produce very different results for different women. Dr. Camp uses his experience to help you select the size that will look the best for your body.
- Implant Shape: Breast implants are either round or shaped to resemble the slope of natural breasts, with more volume at the bottom of the implant. Round implants tend to produce more fullness in the upper portion of the breasts.
- Implant Material: Implants are filled with either saline or cohesive silicone gel. Cohesive silicone gel implants, including “gummy bear” implants, are quite popular because most patients believe they feel and look more like natural breasts. Both types have unique benefits that Dr. Camp explains during the consultation.
- Implant Texture: Breast implants are available with smooth or textured outer shells. In most cases, Dr. Camp uses smooth, round implants. Out of an abundance of caution, Dr. Camp limits the use of textured implants to rare cases where the patient’s unique physiology mandates a shaped (anatomical) implant that must be textured.*
- Implant Profile: This choice involves how far the implants project from the chest. Low, moderate, moderate plus, and high profile implants are typically available. Dr. Camp helps patients understand which profile is best for their body type and cosmetic goals. As this graphic demonstrates, an implant’s profile (sometimes called projection) refers to how your results appear from the side. The choice is related to, but different, than the implant size.
*Certain textured breast implants have been associated with a rare but highly treatable type of lymphoma called breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL). None of the implants we offer today are manufactured using either of the two major processes implicated in the ALCL studies (textured with Biocell salt loss and polyurethane coated). For more information, review this FAQ from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
VECTRA® 3D Imaging
Using the VECTRA® 3D imaging system, Dr. Camp helps patients envision their potential results with different implant options. Patients find this an extremely useful tool when choosing implants. Your VECTRA 3D session begins with our team taking your photo, so we can provide the VECTRA system with a starting point for the simulation.
VECTRA uses specially designed software that enables Dr. Camp to show you the possible results of your breast augmentation surgery. You can preview different looks, so you can choose the one that best suits your goals. Your choice will help Dr. Camp create a customized surgical plan. It’s important to remember that the VECTRA system is a simulation and doesn’t show the exact results of surgery.
Can I Combine Breast Augmentation With Other Procedures?
Some women who choose Dr. Camp to perform breast augmentation also express interest in a tummy tuck, liposuction, mommy makeover, or cosmetic nose surgery (rhinoplasty). It’s often safe to combine two or more procedures in a single operation, which also provides some significant benefits for the patient. Those benefits include:
- Being placed under a general anesthetic only once
- Saving the cost of certain fees that are charged for each operation
- Enjoying the convenience of only one recovery, including scheduling time off from work
Dr. Camp can discuss the possibility of combining rhinoplasty, tummy tuck, liposuction, or mommy makeover with breast augmentation during your initial consultation.
Which Incision Is Best for Breast Augmentation?
The best breast augmentation incision depends on the patient’s preferences and the implants she chooses. Dr. Camp’s extensive training in aesthetic breast surgery helped him become among the most skilled plastic surgeons in the Southwest. He offers various incision choices to breast augmentation patients because breast surgery is not a one-size-fits-all procedure. The different incisions include:
- Inframammary: A small incision made at the base of the breast just above where it connects to the chest (the inframammary fold) provides Dr. Camp access to create an implant pocket. He then inserts the implant through the incision, which is easily hidden even by small bikini tops.
- Periareolar: Dr. Camp makes an incision along the lower edge of the areola, the darkened skin surrounding the nipple. The incision blends with the areola and is almost imperceptible. Women planning to breastfeed children at some point often avoid this incision to limit the risk of injuring the ducts that carry breast milk.
- Transaxillary: This approach is preferred by women who want to avoid incisions on the breasts, but it doesn’t provide direct visual access to the implant pocket. Dr. Camp uses a long, tiny camera instrument — called an endoscope — when inserting the implant.
Dr. Camp uses the Keller Funnel® in all breast augmentation procedures to optimize the results. Implants inserted using the Keller Funnel avoid virtually all contact with the skin, limiting the risk of infection. Infection is associated with higher rates of a complication called capsular contracture.
I’m 6 days post op from my breast augmentation and I couldn’t be happier with Doctor Camp’s work! I consulted with a few surgeons prior to meeting Dr. Camp, and I knew by the end of my consultation that he was the right choice for me. Everyone on his staff is so warm and friendly; I immediately felt at ease from the moment I walked into the office.
acarter0224, RealSelf review
How Long Is Breast Augmentation Recovery?
Most patients can return to work within 3 to 5 days after surgery, depending on the nature of their jobs. Dr. Camp provides detailed postoperative instructions to help limit any discomfort and enhance the healing process. It’s recommended that you have your prescriptions already filled, and you’ll need someone to drive you home following the outpatient procedure. Expect swelling, bruising, and soreness to peak during those first few days and feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost?
Your breast augmentation cost at our Fort Worth practice will depend on a variety of factors, including the type of implants you choose and the complexity of your case. We list the general starting prices for breast enhancement procedures below for your information, but our staff will provide you with a written quote that details the cost of your surgery. Our price is all-inclusive and includes the implants you choose, facility and anesthesia team fees, and pre- and post-op visits with Dr. Camp.
Breast Procedure Pricing
|Breast Augmentation||starting at $7,500|
|Breast Augmentation with Lift (Mastopexy)||starting at $13,000|
|Breast Augmentation with Lift (Mastopexy) + Galaflex||starting at $15,600|
|Breast Implant Exchange||starting at $9,800|
|Breast Implant Exchange with Breast Lift||starting at $16,200|
|Breast Implant Exchange with Galaflex||starting at $12,300|
|Breast Lift||starting at $10,500|
|Breast Lift (Mastopexy) with Galaflex||starting at $13,000|
|Breast Reduction||starting at $12,700|
|Breast Reduction with Galaflex||starting at $15,200|
|Breast Implant Removal||starting at $8,000|
|Breast Implant Removal with Lift||starting at $14,300|
|Breast Implant Removal with Lift + Galaflex||starting at $16,800|
Apply online and find out if you’re approved instantly. Don’t wait to schedule your procedure with confidence.Apply Today
To talk about your best options for breast implants with breast augmentation surgeon Dr. Steven Camp in Fort Worth, Texas, use the online form to request a consultation or call our office at (817) 228-4315 to schedule an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to replace breast implants after 10 years?
This is an outdated “rule of thumb” that is often repeated on the internet. There is no reason to replace or remove breast implants if you’re happy with the way your breasts look and there are no complications. Some women have implants for 15 to 20 years. It is important to schedule regular MRIs to ensure your silicone gel implants are intact.
Can I breastfeed after breast augmentation surgery?
Getting breast implants rarely interferes with a woman’s ability to breastfeed her infant. It is important to discuss your plans about raising a family with your plastic surgeon because it typically influences the choice of incision location. A periareolar incision—made on the lower edge of the areola—can potentially disrupt the milk ducts, so it should be avoided.
How can I find the best breast augmentation surgeon in Fort Worth?
You should begin your search for a plastic surgeon by finding surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). Read patient reviews posted on sites such as RealSelf and Facebook to see what previous breast augmentation patients have said, and look at the surgeon’s breast augmentation before and after pictures. Ultimately, you should feel comfortable with the surgeon and the plastic surgery practice.
A Reputation Built on Results
You deserve the highest caliber of service, care, and results, and at Steven Camp MD Plastic Surgery, we're committed to providing all that and more. But don't take our word for it—see for yourself what our actual patients have to say about their experiences with us.Read More Patient Reviews