Dr. Camp Addresses Coronavirus Concerns
First and foremost, we hope all of our patients, family, friends and staff are feeling well and beginning to embrace the change our country is experiencing with COVID-19. It is a very uncertain time for our small business and the many patients that rely on us for their aesthetic needs. Please follow along as we outline our plan that we intend to follow over the coming weeks. Please as well, continue to follow our updates that will likely be sent out over the coming weeks as we expect change to happen daily.
Overall, the office will stay open Monday-Friday from 9:00 to 5:00.
Please reschedule your appointment if:
- You are showing any signs of COVID-19 including:
- Fever above 100○F
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- If you have any of the above seek medical attention immediately:
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
All patients who arrive at the door will be screened for signs of illness. Many of our patients like to arrive early to hang out in the reception area, drink coffee and hang out with our staff. We are now asking that you arrive at your appointment time only. We will do our very best to get you back asap. If we are running behind, we will call you in case you want to wait in your car. This will help us all practice “social distancing.”
If you are showing signs, we will politely ask you to return home and reschedule. This is to keep our staff and other patients safe.
In keeping our office clean, we will increase the frequency of our current cleansing routine for all hard surface areas but will move away from shared iPad, pens, and other physical items.
For the purposes of this document, we will divide our patients into Surgical vs. Non-Surgical to help makes things easier to understand.
POST-OP SURGICAL PATIENTS
- We plan to see new post-operative patients including those that need drains removed, stitches removed and or the care of Dr. Camp.
- Should you need to come into the office, please limit the number of family members to 1 person. We understand that you might need the physical support of your spouse, parent or friend. But please only one support person to limit the number of people in the office
- Please no children in the office. Our friends at PlaySpace have let us know they are open for drop-in business for your childcare needs. They are located very close to our office at 3206 Collinsworth St, Fort Worth, TX 76107. Their phone number is 817-708-2885.
- For patients that are scheduled in the next two weeks for a 3-month, 6-month or yearly follow-up, we kindly ask you reschedule.
- We will offer Facetime or Skype follow-ups for patients that have questions of Dr. Camp but don’t need to be physically seen in the office. If this is your preference, please contact the office to let us know to change your appointment to this online format.
- When you arrive, we will do our very best to get you quickly back to an exam room thereby limiting exposure to other patients.
- Again, we will move away from shared items. If consents or other documents need to be signed, it will be done via paper with new pens.
- We understand many of you have waited months to get in for your surgical consults. We thank you for your patience here. We are pushing however to move all surgical consults that are scheduled between Monday March 16th and Monday March 30th to FaceTime or Skype virtual consults. The good news is that we have a practice in this as many patients travel from more than 3 hours to see our practice. We will then need to reschedule you to come in for your pre-op exam with Dr. Camp, “before” pictures, 3-D imaging (if applicable) and implant sizing. This can typically be done the 1-14 days before your scheduled surgery date.
- Our staff will be available via phone, email, FaceTime and text to walk you through all parts of the pre-operative process.
PATIENTS WHO HAVE SURGERY SCHEDULED
- We are not performing surgery at this time.
- We will continue to reach out to our patients who currently have surgery scheduled and will work with you to reschedule.
- We understand if you need to reschedule your upcoming surgery and will not penalize you for this.
NON-SURGICAL PATIENTS – including Botox, fillers, CoolSculpting, Laser, CoolTone, and Viveve
- Because these procedures all need to be completed in close proximity, anyone scheduled in the next two weeks will be rescheduled. We are very sorry to make this decision and know of the impact in your lives but are following the CDC and Surgeon General’s recommendation for social distancing. All members of our staff are either parents to young children, have older parents, or may have their own their own history with asthma or reactive airway disease. We have to keep our staff safe.
- We hope will open normal Monday-Friday appointments as well as Saturday and Sunday hours as needed to meet your needs once the two weeks are up.
- If you are interested in purchasing skincare, we are happy to either run it down to your car or also help you purchase through our website.
- Because our patients loved the January special of Buy 2 get 1 Free we will reinstate this special until May 1st. That way, when you are ready for treatment, you will have the best pricing possible.
Thank you for your continued support. Stay well. Love on your families and know we will be here if you need us.
With grace and gratitude,
Steven Camp MD and the entire BowTie Babes staff.